Greek English
 
Home Page / What to know / Religious Life / Chapel of Agios Georgios
Print this page
Chapel of Agios Georgios

The chapel of St. George. Located east of the village, inside the forest between Lyssos and Kynousa. It was built in the 13th century and it is under the protection of the Antiquities Department. Frescoes depicting St. Mamas are extant there.

Throughout the region of Lysos there are several chapels, among them the chapel of "Profitis Ilias" (the Prophet Elias), the chapel of "Saints Constantinos and Elenis", the chapel of "Agios Charalambos" and the chapel of Archangel Michael.

 
 
WEATHER
 
 
 
CALENDAR
 
 June 2017 
MTWTFSS
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930 
 
 
 
CONTACT US
 
Community Council of Lysos
8800, Lysos
Tel: 26352105
Fax: 26352383
 
Designed & Developed by NETinfo Plc